Bridges in Rush City
A bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or teeth both functionally and cosmetically. This tooth replacement option uses one or more artificial teeth that are cemented into place using the real teeth on either side for support—hence the name.
Bridge work is as much an art as it is an exact science. Materials used to create tooth bridges include:
- Gold alloys
- Porcelain bonded to metal alloy
- All-ceramic material made to match your natural tooth color
The choice of material depends on requirements for strength, wear and/or esthetics.
PROS AND CONS OF BRIDGES FOR TOOTH REPLACEMENT
- Pro: Does not require surgery
- Pro: More affordable than other options
- Con: Puts some amount of strain on the surrounding teeth
- Con: Needs replacement every 10-15 years
Dr. Nguyen can help you compare bridge work with other tooth replacement options such as implants and find the treatment that is best for your situation.