Impacted Wisdom Teeth in Rush City
Smooth Removal To Send You Home Smiling
Wisdom teeth are the last molars, or "third molars," that develop on each side of the jaw, usually emerging between the ages of 16 and 20. Wisdom teeth can be a valuable asset to the mouth when they are healthy and properly positioned, but when the jaw isn't large enough to accommodate them, they become impacted and must be removed. Common wisdom teeth issues include:
- Growing sideways
- Emerging only partway through the gums
- Remaining trapped beneath the gum and bone
- Numbing the area in the mouth with local anesthesia or using IV sedation to put the patient to sleep
- Once the wisdom teeth are removed, the patient is given gauze to bite down softly on to limit bleeding
- Any pain or swelling will ordinarily go away after a few days
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Soft Dental is experienced in performing wisdom teeth extractions with minimal pain for the patient and successful long-term results. While this is a fairly routine procedure, it still needs to be done right to avoid post-operation issues such as dry sockets, excessive bleeding, and more. Soft Dental can ensure a brighter ending for your smile.